[mythtv-users] Mythweb schedule recordings - possible to add a new type "weekday"?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jan 16 21:27:00 UTC 2006

Chris Petersen wrote:

>>Well, my VCR understands 'weekday' as Monday through Friday so
>>I don't see why Mythtv, which is supposed to be ALOT smarter
>>than a VCR ;-) shouldn't support it, too.
>>

>MythTV also understands show names and timeslots.  It's probably just
>never occurred to anyone that someone might want to record something
>ONLY on monday-friday (and personally, I can't see any reason that you'd
>want to, that the smarts in mythtv wouldn't account for)

In other words, if you schedule a recording of "The Simpsons" every day
from 7:00 to 7:30, but your FOX affiliate only shows the Simpsons Monday
- Friday, whatever's showing on Saturday and Sunday won't be a
match--it's not "The Simpsons."  However, if for some reason they air
the Simpsons on Saturday, you'll get it.  As a matter of fact, why not
just record it at any time.  That way, Myth will record "The Simpsons"
whenever it airs, and by choosing an appropriate duplicate check method,
you'll get one copy of each episode.

Mike