[mythtv-users] Problems with detecting duplicate recordings due to subtle detail changes

Stutty stutty at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 20:14:40 UTC 2006

On 1/16/06, Tom Hughes <tom at compton.nu> wrote:
> >> I've patched tv_grab_uk_rt to remove the episode number from the
> >> subtitle and output them as proper episode numbers in the XML instead
> >> which resolves these problems (though there are others with the
> >> Radio Times data).
> The patch is attached, along with a perl script that I used to cleanup
> my existing database entries after I had applied the patch. You'll
> need to fill in the host/user/password at the top of that script if
> you want to use it.

Thanks, will try them both out, it also prompted me to add a hack to
detect Films that have no star rating (i.e. ones that are Concluding
after the news parts), and copy the star rating from the last film
parsed.

The recording rule 'Films Rating > 3 stars' misses these bits
otherwise. How annoying is it to watch the first 2 hours of a film
only to find I haven't recorded the second part?

Cheers,

Paul