[mythtv-users] Compiling Mythtv on an Xbox error?

A JM vbtalent at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 14:30:24 UTC 2006

distcc? never heard of it but that goes without saying since I'm new to
Linux. That looks like a real viable option does anyone know of any hand
holding instructions on installation and usage? Cecil? What's your
experience been with distcc?

I'm installing SVN 7255, yes I realize it's a bit out of date but that's
currrently what I'm running on my backend and I've already found out about
compatability issues with differing versions the hard way...

 I'll do an upgrade when I get more time to do all my boxes at once.

Yes, distros are the same so that shouldn't be a problem.

since I compiled this on the XBOX already will ./configure make certain
assumptions about the hardware and the like? I know that I didn't set these
options so I'm guessing ./configure did?  "--arch=pentium3 and
--enable-small"

Is there a makefile available for the XBOX somewhere? I'm guessing that's
what 'make' uses to create the binary based upon the machine and it's
limitations.

Thanks.

AJM,