[mythtv-users] mythbrowser: handling of protocols in external scripts

HaJo Schatz hajo at hajo.net
Mon Jan 16 13:27:17 UTC 2006

Hi List,

Just converted over from freevo due to the time-shifting and must say I
don't regret, nice work!

One thing seems odd though: I have defined a protocol-handler for
konqueror in ~/.kde/share/services which handles a protocol with an
external script, say for the rtsp: protocol such as:

[Protocol]
exec=/home/mythtv/bat/rtspsubmit.sh "%u"
protocol=rtsp
input=none
output=none
helper=true
listing=false
reading=false
writing=false
makedir=false
deleting=false
Icon=remote
Description=Handles rtsp-protocol links

This works fine in konqueror, but mythbrowser barks with:

Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Error loading '/home/mythtv/bat/rtspsubmit.sh "%u"'.

Anyone any idea why this doesn't work, or better yet how to fix it?

Tnx a bunch,
Hajo

PS: One more little annoyance: When clicking on the rtsp: link, both
konqueror & mythbrowser tell me that I'm following an insecure link and
I have to confirm a dialog-box. Could this be disabled? Good for my
remote in the long run ;-)

--
HaJo Schatz <hajo at hajo.net>
http://www.HaJo.Net