[mythtv-users] DVB EIT Not Updating

Robin Elvin rob at fearsedge.com
Mon Jan 16 10:30:23 UTC 2006

I had a bit of a problem last night with my Myth box where I had no EPG
data. After a bit of head scratching and playing with settings I finally
worked out what it was.

It turns out that last week when I had a problem with DVB-T audio
recording the Audio Description track rather than the normal sound I also
set the "Open DVB Card On Demand" setting. It seems that if you don't
watch Live TV or record much then the card doesn't get opened (as I
wanted) but this also means that no EPG data gets captured.

I did search around for a bit but I haven't found any mention of this. I'm
sorry if I missed an obvious post but I thought I'd share my experience in
case anyone else has the same problem.

--
Rob