[mythtv-users] Is satellite/cable HDTV possible w/ MythTV, or alternatives?

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 04:05:20 UTC 2006

 HDMI/DVI/Component in? I mean, seriously, is
it that hard (That's a serious question, not rhetorical)? As I
understand it, the signal is still a digital stream. Is the stream
not compressed, thus requiring the card to recompress it?

HDMI and DVI-D are copy protected.  Component is impractically high
bandwidth analog.