[mythtv-users] Entering USA Cable channels into the DVB tables

Len Reed crunchyfrog at charter.net
Mon Jan 16 01:16:40 UTC 2006

I'm using 0.18.2....

There have been a number of posting on the DVB channel tables, but it
still isn't clear to me.  I've also looked at

http://www.cuymedia.com/doxygen-dev-docs/html/group__db__schema.html

Maybe with an example someone can clear it up.

I have an HD5000 card connected to cable.  Here is a sample channel, as
seen by azap.  Using this information, I can use the DVB utils to
capture the signal and play it via mplayer. The following example is for
my local (Atlanta) FOX affiliate on Gwinnett Charter cable, for what
it's worth:

FOX:669000000:QAM_256:2048:2049:2

So, my dtv_multiplex table has an entry with
mplexid=4, frequency=669000000, sourceid=qam_256, etc.

In the database, Fox digital is my chanid 3785.  So I assume I should

update channel set freqid = 4 where chanid = 3785;

where '4' is the mplexid from the dtv_multiplex table for 669Mhz.

I further guess that the channel table should get the serviceid (last
column of the azap line, "2"):

update channel set serviceid = 2 where chanid = 3785;

Where do I encode the video and audio pids (2048 and 2049 in hex, 8264
and 8265 in decimal)?

Now, assuming that I can get this all working, do I then need an
additional rows in dtv_multiplex for the other channel on 669 MHz?

CBS:669000000:QAM_256:2176:2177:1

Thanks for the help,
Len