[mythtv-users] mythfrontend laptop linux distro???

Dewey Smolka dsmolka at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 01:09:52 UTC 2006

> How's fedora nowadays..... is it the same story as with the dependencies of
> suse?

I've had no problem with either FC3 or FC4 in a dual-boot notebook
(Compaq EVO n800c) -- everything including the touchpad worked out of
the box. I think the only real hardware problem Linux has with laptops
these days is with embedded wireless devices, which my notebook
doesn't have.

I was able to set up and run Myth frontends on both with little
problem just by following Jarod Wilson's guide.