[mythtv-users] Setting up an FAQ for LiveTV changes

Andy Foster fostandy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 21:48:05 UTC 2006

On 1/16/06, Tom E. Craddock Jr. <sigtom at sigtom.com> wrote:

> Jens Baumeister wrote:
> > since the LiveTV changes seem to lead to questions again and again
> > (and sometimes to flamewars), I volunteer to write an FAQ about it.
> >
> You mean besides the archives at gossamer-threads for the -users, -dev,
> and -commit lists?

Actually, I wouldn't minding seeing this, or even a more overarching
document addressing the general state of SVN for those who aren't avidly
tracking myth development. True, all the information is out there on the
mailing list and trac for you to find, but the problem is you actually need
to be explicitly searching for it (or trawl through a LOT of information).
LiveTV is one of the more obvious things to check up on, but issues such as
recordings not being saved, transcoding acting up, obscure behaviour with
scheduling and recording profiles (all recent or ongoing svn issues that
have left a few scratching their heads) are a little harder to anticipate.