[mythtv-users] mythfrontend laptop linux distro???

Rick van der Mieden mieden8 at zonnet.nl
Sun Jan 15 21:04:07 UTC 2006

I need some opinions here please.

I'd like to install a linux distro on my laptop for daily usage and for a
mythfrontend. Question is what is the best suitable distro for my laptop. I
tried suse in the past, but I hate all those "missing dependencies" with
installing rpms. Gentoo is great (my backend is running on it), but the
emerging of kde errored after compiling of a complete day!!! So not an
option for me anymore. Knoppmyth is more for a cd frontend and not
appropiate for my dual booted laptop I think.

How's fedora nowadays..... is it the same story as with the dependencies of
suse?

Some experiences are welcome

Regards

Rick