[mythtv-users] OS X & MythFrontend 0.18.1 with plugins

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Sun Jan 15 12:01:49 UTC 2006

If anyone is interested, I have compiled a version of SVN 8602 for
Mac and packaged it up.  It was tested on a G5 tower with a
completely fresh load of OSX without any development environment
against an SVN 8602 backend on Linux.  Let me know if you have any
troubles, although the school term has started and my time to help
you out may be limited.

It's available at:

http://www.xenotropic.com/index.php?
option=com_remository&Itemid=33&func=fileinfo&filecatid=27&parent=catego
ry

I had to change line 983 of osx-packager.pl to read:

      next if ($file =~ m,/Versions/A/\Q$dep\E,);

where it reads

      next if ($file =~ m,/Versions/A/$dep,);

in the original out of SVN.  You need to escape the $dep so that it
doesn't interpret characters in the variable as a part of the regular
expression.  Namely there's a C++ library in there, so libstdc++ (or
whatever it is) is a screwy regexp that won't compile.  I think this
is the right fix, but I haven't tested it extensively.  It just could
screw up the entire regexp and it works because it's evaluating $dep
as a literal, but I haven't had much time to look at it.  If some
other perl guru has a chance to look at it, that'd be cool.