[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: Burning an MPEG2 file that is too large

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 01:26:41 UTC 2006

On 1/14/06, William <wmunson at rochester.rr.com> wrote:

> The program you want is called tcrequant and its part of the mjpegtools
> package.

William, going back to my first message, I have a version of tcrequant
on my box already...

[djwhyte at myth mjpegtools-1.8.0]$ tcrequant -v
tcrequant (transcode v0.6.12) (C) 2003 Antoine Missout

I downloaded the latest version of mjpegtools (1.8.0) and built and
installed, but I still have my old version.  The I did some Googling
and found references to tcrequant in the transocde packages, so I got
the latest version of that (1.0.2) and still I seem to have 0.6.12 of
tcrequant.  Just out of curiosity, what version do you have?  If
newer, where did you get it from, if you can remember.

Cheers,
Whytey

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.