[mythtv-users] install ivtv-0.5.1 fails with ivtv: disagrees about version of symbol tveeprom_hauppauge_analog (make distclean doesn't help)

f-myth-users@media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Sun Jan 15 01:20:44 UTC 2006

    Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 19:57:50 -0500
    From: "R. G. Newbury" <newbury at mandamus.org>

    This piece of advice in the wiki is (now) backwards:

    "There is work at the moment to merge these conflicting versions, but in
    the meantime the kernel version has to go:"

Can you double-check (from archives, Hans, or some other source) that
this is true, and then update the wiki so people don't get confused?
(Or, if you'd rather not update the wiki, I will, but I'd rather get a
second opinion on this, since I don't have direct experience with
either 500's or pc3000's.  And is this something that's changed
between 0.4.0 and later versions?  If so, updating the wiki will have
to account for that and speak the truth in all cases.  I've been
tweaking the ivtvdriver wiki a little bit, but the last thing I'd
want to do is update it incorrectly.)

(I'm a big believer in shoving as much information and operational
experience into the ivtvdriver and mythtv wikis as possible, since it
should decrease traffic and frustration a lot if all this stuff can
stay centralized instead of requiring lots of list searching---with
its uncertain keywords, outdated and incomplete information, and all
the rest... :)

Thanks!