[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: Burning an MPEG2 file that is too large

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 14:07:52 UTC 2006

On 1/14/06, William <wmunson at rochester.rr.com> wrote:

> Here is the script I use to shrink and burn a non-menued dvd that autoplays
> a single program. Check the section on shrinking the video for a working
> example.
>

> When I run this script the video and audio have already been split into 2
> files by avidemux2. The files are named aud and vid and I will let you
> figure out which is which :)

Thanks.  It looks like it could come in useful.

Out of curiosity (and likely going way OT even more), why do people
use avidemux?  Or mpeg2cut and other such tools?  I find nuvexport
does a great job of creating DVD compatible files and honors the
cutlist perfectly.  I would have thought it would have been the best
tool to base most of these scripts on, since it comes with any mythTV
package.

Is there something I should know about nuvexport?

Whytey

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.