[mythtv-users] Live TV recording as if it was a scheduled recording

Dag Nygren dag at newtech.fi
Sat Jan 14 11:11:52 UTC 2006

> Dag Nygren wrote:
> >>Theres no need for it, all those little files can be hidden from view by
> >>default and get deleted when room is needed automatically.
> >

> > I stil would like to be able to use "df" to find out how much space
> > I have left on the disk.
>
> I can assure you the LiveTV re-write has not changed the functionality
> of the df utility.

As I also use the same box as a download repository I REALLY
want to know how much space I have left on the disk when
ssh:ing into it.

Why can't you guys get off your high horses and
see that your precious PVR box really might/can
do other things too and start listening and getting constructive
instead of flaming anyone that has a different opinion than you.
We do have brains too, you know.

> What you really want to do is gauge how much space is being used by
> MythTV, not how much space is left on the disk.

No, not really. What I want is to share the space between MythTV
and other applications.

> Setup your minimum free space parameter and you will *know* how much
> space is available for new recordings.

Not. As there will be more space available when the LiveTV stuff is included.

> Hell, set it to bigger than your disk size and Myth will be deleting
> LiveTV stuff every time the auto-expire runs.

That will also kill other recordings that are marked for autoexpire.

Dag