[mythtv-users] mythbackend not starting on slave (I know...)

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Sat Jan 14 02:57:46 UTC 2006

Bruce Markey wrote:
> Well, the problem is clearly that it is finding a valid mysql.txt
> when start from the commandline but not when started in the init
> script. This is most likely the $HOME environment variable and not
> a lack of reading mythtv docs ;-).
>
> Root's $HOME may be /root when logged in but may be / during init.
> You could "export $HOME=/root" in the script or make a synlink for
> /mysql.txt or copy mysql.txt to / or whatever.

Perhaps.  I've been thinking at times it might be nice to have a line in
the log for the hostname that hosts the DB that the backend connected to
in order to be able to easily determine which machine.  It's hard to say
if he is connecting to the master DB or a local DB he has configured
tuners on mistakenly.  Or perhaps I could be totally mistaken and not
understand the logs in detail :)

Kevin