[mythtv-users] ALSA, intel8x0 and WriteAudio: buffer underrun

Al McIntosh junkmail at allanmcintosh.com
Fri Jan 13 22:47:40 UTC 2006

Michael Haan wrote:

> I'm currently having similar issues with hdtv.  Can you try seeking to
> just before the freeze, then jumping ahead to pass it?  For me, this
> results in no freeze, but a loss of sound.

I thought I would replay to this thread with in case it helps. 1 of my 2
sticks of ram was bad. I realized this when
I tried to compile mythtv svn  and gcc crashed 3 times with segmentation
faults. After I removed the older stck of ram myth compiled twice
cleanly. A memtest found errors in the ram also. I haven't had any
issues after removing the bad ram.
Fingers crossed.