[mythtv-users] Xine for DVD playback with 720p output looks bad

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 19:08:45 UTC 2006

On Friday 13 January 2006 12:26, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Steve Adeff wrote:
> >I like DVD menus, so I'd like to use xine, but I'm noticing a lot of video
> >issues in high movement scenes, I don't quite know how to describe it, its
> > as though the video can't keep up so part of the image is updating faster
> > than the rest. it plays back fine in mplayer and the Internal player, so
> > I know its got to be some setting in Xine, I just have no idea what it
> > would be since I never use xine....
> >
> >anyone have any thing for me to try?
>
> You using Xv in xine?  If not (or, to verify), run:
>
> xine -V xv --no-splash --auto-play=fhq --auto-scan dvd
>
> at least once to change (and store the changes).  A different video
> driver would definitely cause differences in playback.
>
> Mike

I started to notice this on my regular HD playback as well, turning off
Composite in my xorg seems to have solved the problem for both. Why mplayer
didn't show the effect is beyond me.

Does Xine have an on screen menu such that I can change audio tracks etc or am
I stuck using custom buttons on the remote?

Is there a way to move the location of the playback info OSD? mine gets cut
off due to overscan.

--
thanks!
Steve