[mythtv-users] K8M8M (Via) Motherboard Integrated Video

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Jan 13 18:03:38 UTC 2006

I'm using the K8M8M mobo (Via chipset) and the manual says it has:

"Integrated High Performance & High Quality 3D Accelerator supports
Ultra-AGPII with 2GB/s bandwidth, built-in MPEG2/1 Video Decoder and
Video Accelerator supports VCD DVD HDTV decoding and playback..."

Anybody have any experience with this Video chipset? I've got an
nVidia 5700 256MB AGP card in the board right now, but I wondered if
this might work better?

I looked up info on the chipset with Google, and it says it has
"integrated MPEG2 "hardware acceleration", but I'm not sure if that
is the same thing as "hardware decoder". Considering the low price of
the board I'm dubious.

Would this be "hardware XvMC"?

Of course the other problem is that it has only a VGA output, no S-
Video or composite.

Brian Wood
beww at beww.org