[mythtv-users] Conversion to DIVX from WinTV card

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Fri Jan 13 14:01:20 UTC 2006

>    Does anyone know of an easy way to take the muxed MPEG 2 videos
> that the Win TV PVR-250 records, and convert them to DIVX easily? I
> have a Win XP box and a Max OS X box that I can use if that helps.

1. Use the nuvexport script. It has a divx export function.

2. Let mythtv transcode to MPEG4 and use nuv2avi which adds a DIVX header.
This will however result in audio sync problems, if the recording had too
much noise.

Niels Dybdahl