[mythtv-users] MythGame without MAME?

Torsten Crass torsten.crass at bioinf.med.uni-goettingen.de
Fri Jan 13 09:17:06 UTC 2006

Hi there,

yesterday night my sort-of-finished EPIA M10k-based MythBox went through
its first living room test -- and it really wasn't as disastrous as it
could have been... I really do see a light at the end of the tunnel now!
:-) (In particular since the lates Debian x.org packages now seem to
provide via-specific XvMC without any hassle -- cooool!)

Anyway -- my actual question is: Is there a way to make the MythGame
plugin run without complaining about a non-supported MAME version? I had
installed the Debian unstable xmame packache, but then I decided I would
be happy wiht just a handful of Gnome games an purged it. I also made a
gamelist.xml file and told MythGame where to find it, but when prompting
MythGame to scan for games, all I get is the "This version of MAME is
not supported" message. The Gnome games don't show up in the PC games
list, either -- in contrast to the error message, which I also get when
opening the Games menu from the Media Gallery.

Any idea what to do about it? (I don't even know if I still have an
error in my PC games setup, causing the Gnome games not to show up, or
if the scanning procedure just exits after deciding there was a MAME
problem and thus doesn't proceed to looking for the gamelist.xml...)

All the best --

	Torsten