[mythtv-users] serial LIRC remote stops working during use

Andy Alsup aalsup at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 05:20:36 UTC 2006

I have been having this problem for several months.  Thinking back, I
think it began when lirc changed from 0.7.0pre2, but I don't really
remember.  It might have been when myth 18.1 was released.

Mythfrontend will work with lirc (home built serial receiver) for a
while, a day or 2 of normal use, but eventually, sometimes after a
long period of uninterrupted playback, the remote will just stop
working.  I have tried killing mythfrontend and restarting, but that
isn't enough.  I am always able to kill X and restart, and myth will
work with the remote again.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Other than the remote not working,
there are no other clues that I can see.  syslog shows "client
removed" when I exit X, but no other log events that I have been able
to find.

Anyone seen this or have any ideas?

Like I said, this has been happening for months on multiple versions,
but here's the latest I'm running now:

lirc-0.8.0-54_cvs20060107.rhfc3.at
lirc-kmdl-2.6.12-1.1381_FC3smp-0.8.0-54_cvs20060107.rhfc3.at
mythtv-frontend-0.18.1-117.rhfc3.at