[mythtv-users] nuvexport and ffmpeg on Ubuntu

Michael Fox fox.michael at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 02:05:45 UTC 2006

On 1/13/06, Chris Petersen <lists at forevermore.net> wrote:
> > I believe the problem is the mjpegtools package, as it includes a bad
> > version of yuvdenoise program which is an rc2 release and nuvexport
> > complains.
>
> Not anymore it doesn't.  I fixed that last week (or so).
>
> The issues I run into are that mpeg is patent-encumbered and thus not
> compatible with the GPL, so distros have to remove any mpeg (including
> mp3) support from official packages.  Should be something in multiverse
> that works, though.  But I don't use ubuntu for my mythtv stuff, so I
> wouldn't really know.

I just installed some tools to use nuvexport, and then grabbed the
latest nuvexport.

Attempting to use it produces the output below;

Encode started:  Fri Jan 13 13:03:48 2006
Waiting for mythtranscode to set up the fifos.
Starting ffmpeg.
processed:  0 of 0 frames (0.00%),   0.00 fps    INFO: [yuvdenoise]
   INFO: [yuvdenoise] mjpeg-tools yuvdenoise version 1.6.3-rc2
   INFO: [yuvdenoise]
yuvdenoise: invalid option -- r
processed:  0 of 0 frames (0.00%),   0.00 fps

And it just sits around doing nothing?

Atleast it dont bomb with an error about using an rc2 release..  Got
some suggestions to fix?