[mythtv-users] [~OT] yum mythtv dependency problems?

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 23:32:58 UTC 2006

I ran into this.  I searched the atrpms list archive and found a few
instances of this problem.  The reply from Axel, the maintainer of atrpms,
in all cases was along the lines of, "Go screw. I don't support yum.  Use
smart instead."

Thankfully, "yum install smart" was enough to install smart (presumably
another package manager).  Unfortunately, I was never able to get smart to
install mythtv, either.

Eventually, I got mythtv installed by doing something along the lines of
"yum install mythtv" and "yum install mythtv-frontend."  I think I threw a
"yum install libmyth-0.18.1.so.0" in there at some point, but I can't say if
it was necessary.