[mythtv-users] Linux Newbie Strikes Again - PVR-150 Garbled TV Output?

obscure information. obscure411 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 23:02:02 UTC 2006

OK, so I've tackled the issues surrounding getting the PVR-150 to output to
the TV... sort of.

Now my issue is as follows:

I've got a CFT-2254 cable box that I've put before the PVR-150.  I know I'll
need a second lirc install to control the cable box, but I'm not going to
concern myself with that yet.

I'm able to select Watch TV and I can hear audio (albeit somewhat crackly).
I can also see video, but it is bleached white and seriously distorted -
similar to what you would have if you had the PVR-150 tuner on channel 2,
but the cable box was broadcasting on channel 3.  Changing the channel on
the PVR-150 results in no change to the screen at all - almost as if it
isn't changing channels...

I've gone through mythtv-setup and selected that the PVR-150 should be using
channel 3 for a source, but it doesn't seem to make a difference, even if I
leave it blank.

I'm so close to getting this working... finally... thanks in advance for any
assistance, I'm looking forward to using MythTV!

~Drew