[mythtv-users] Project Grayhem Wide weird font size issue...

Justin Hornsby justin.hornsby at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 17:58:55 UTC 2006

On 1/12/06, Steve Adeff <adeffs at gmail.com> wrote:

> yea, I don't get it either... DPI, first thing I checked, but Xorg's log
> shows
> it setting DPI to 100...
>
> ughh.
> thanks,
> Steve

Well Steve..  one thing you can check for is that you have the Tahoma (for
the wide theme) or Verdana (for the 4:3 theme) font installed - if mythtv
can't find the font it'll substitute its own choice in, which may be
'sub-optimal'.

You could also try taking the menu text font size down a notch.. in
theme.xml, line 40:

<fontsize>21</fontsize>

adjust that a little to see if that helps.  You'll need to quit mythfrontend
& restart it to see any changes though.

Aside from that, making the button area larger (higher and slightly wider)
may help.. and that's defined in line 4 of theme.xml:

 <buttonarea>80,200,390,338</buttonarea>

Where 80,200 are the co-ordinates of the top left corner and 390,338 are the
width & height respectively.

I've been asked by another user to enlarge the button area, so I'll probably
do that myself for the next version.

Regards,
Justin