[mythtv-users] Software RAID5 no improvement to transferspeed...

Johnathon Meichtry johnathon-dev at meichtry.org
Thu Jan 12 15:15:43 UTC 2006

Using top check your load averages.  On my server where is it constantly
recording 3-4 PAL DTT programs my load averages are:  load average: 0.24,
0.54, 0.71

If yours show >1.0 then I would imagine you have a problem.  Software RAID
in my opinion should take up no more than 3-5% if the server is busy.

Also check "0.0% wa" as this is IO waits and would be greater than 30% or
more if your SATA controller/disks is the bottleneck rather than the CPU.

Johnathon