[mythtv-users] Linux newbie strikes again... PVR-150 not outputting to X300...

obscure information. obscure411 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 03:50:10 UTC 2006

Hello,

I've been working on my mythtv install for a bit now, but I've encountered
an issue now that everything is more-or-less configured.  I've got a PVR-150
that appears to be configured properly, based on the fact that I can tune in
channels and view them on the monitor.  I can also view the output from my
ATI X300 video card using the proprietary fglrx driver on my TV without
issue.

When I start the myth frontend, I can see my initial menu (i.e. watch tv,
setup, etc.) on the TV and the CRT at the same time.  As soon as I select
"Watch TV", I get a blue screen on my TV and the output shifts solely to my
CRT.  Going back to the previous menu, bringing up the guide, and the like
all result in the picture reappearing on the TV.

I'm really not sure where to begin debugging this, but my modprobe.conf and
a snippet of my xorg.conf are pasted below for review.  If anyone can assist
me in shedding some light on what I've been doing wrong here, I would
greatly appreciate it.

modprobe.conf

alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
alias eth0 tg3
alias scsi_hostadapter ata_piix
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
options snd-card-0 index=0
options snd-intel8x0 index=0
remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store 0 >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
/sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-intel8x0
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
alias usb-controller1 uhci-hcd
alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv
alias tuner tuner-ivtv
alias tda9887 tda9887-ivtv
alias msp3400 msp3400-ivtv
alias char-major-81 ivtv
install lirc_i2c /sbin/modprobe ivtv; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install
lirc_i2c

xorg.conf

Section "Device"
    Identifier  "Videocard0"