[mythtv-users] Partly OT - recording DCT-6412 content via firewire onto Linux box.

N Dugas normdugas at yahoo.ca
Thu Jan 12 02:01:16 UTC 2006

N Dugas wrote:

>>Steve Adeff wrote:

>>>strange, someone else mentioned more than one version of test-mpeg2, this may
>>>be it too, using different versions...
>>>
>>>So it sounds like your having the same issue with capturing as other DCT
>>>users. As soon as I can get a dev to help me write a test patch for us we may
>>>be able to test a fix for this...
>>>

>>I don't know if this has any bearing but from memory, lspci reports that
>>my firewire card is an Agere FW623 (rev 61).  I may be slightly off on
>
> Oops, make that FW323.  I'll include an lspci tonight.
>

>>the revision number though.  I'll have to check tonight.  It's a 3 port
>>firewire card.  On a reboot, my DCT-6412 always reports on node 1 but if
>>I unplug and replug it, it will show up on node 0 depending on which
>>port I am using on the PC (I'm trying to see if there is any impact on
>>operation with different ports).
>>
>>Is there any additional info I can provide that may help with
>>development of a patch?

Here's an lspci:
# lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: nVidia Corporation nForce2 AGP (different version?)
(rev a2)
00:00.1 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation nForce2 Memory Controller 1 (rev a2)
00:00.2 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation nForce2 Memory Controller 4 (rev a2)
00:00.3 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation nForce2 Memory Controller 3 (rev a2)
00:00.4 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation nForce2 Memory Controller 2 (rev a2)
00:00.5 RAM memory: nVidia Corporation nForce2 Memory Controller 5 (rev a2)
00:01.0 ISA bridge: nVidia Corporation nForce2 ISA Bridge (rev a4)
00:02.0 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation nForce2 USB Controller (rev a4)
00:02.1 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation nForce2 USB Controller (rev a4)
00:02.2 USB Controller: nVidia Corporation nForce2 USB Controller (rev a4)
00:04.0 Ethernet controller: nVidia Corporation nForce2 Ethernet
Controller (rev a1)
00:06.0 Multimedia audio controller: nVidia Corporation nForce2 AC97
Audio Controler (MCP) (rev a1)
00:08.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation nForce2 External PCI Bridge (rev a3)
00:09.0 IDE interface: nVidia Corporation nForce2 IDE (rev a2)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: nVidia Corporation nForce2 AGP (rev a2)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV34 [GeForce FX
5500] (rev a1)
02:06.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Agere Systems FW323 (rev 61)
02:08.0 Ethernet controller: Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5212
802.11abg NIC (rev 01)

And a plugreport after a reboot:
root at pvrfirewire ~ # plugreport
Host Adapter 0
==============

Node 0 GUID 0x000199000006e077
------------------------------
libiec61883 error: error reading oMPR
libiec61883 error: error reading iMPR

Node 1 GUID 0x001371fffe9ec2f1
oMPR n_plugs=1, data_rate=2, bcast_channel=63
oPCR[0] online=1, bcast_connection=0, n_p2p_connections=0
         channel=0, data_rate=2, overhead_id=0, payload=376
iMPR n_plugs=0, data_rate=2

I've noticed that when I try to set bcast_connection to 1, it doesnt
take but the n_p2p_connections can be changed to 1.  A lot of fiddling
around to do, so little time to do it.

Norm