[mythtv-users] Fedora-based diskless frontends -- anybody have oneworking?

John P. Mitchell john at cepros.com
Wed Jan 11 22:17:58 UTC 2006

> So -- any diskless Fedora success stories?  If so, could you describe
> what's
> in your pxelinux.cfg, dhcpd.conf, and initrd -- or what else you did to
> get
> it working?

   I have had very recent build of Ubuntu booting diskless with an NFS
root. I will go back and look at my notes and see what I can find and
post it to the list. I cant see why Fedora would be much different. If
I recall correctly, I did have to build a custom kernel with a certain
set of modules compiled into the kernel to make it work.