[mythtv-users] Problems with watching TV (sound and picture)

Joacim J jocke4news at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 20:35:56 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have FC4 and have followed Jarods HOWTO.

I have finally managed to get some working free TV channels but there
is some issues.

Mythbackend are started as service and when starting the mythfrontend
and pick "Watch TV", nothing appears. Then su to root and stop
mythbackend and starts it again in a terminal (not the service)  if I
start frontend and "Watch TV" I get both sound and picture. Ok, it
needs some adjustments but working pretty good.

What is wrong when starting as service?

Ok, running in a terminal and switching between channels with arrow
up/down and then the sound goes into a heavy noise (as a
helicopter)?!?! Why?
--
Regards
Joacim