[mythtv-users] Partly OT - recording DCT-6412 content via firewire onto Linux box.

N Dugas normdugas at yahoo.ca
Wed Jan 11 18:09:45 UTC 2006

Steve Adeff wrote:
> On Wednesday 11 January 2006 12:19, N Dugas wrote:
>
>>Steve Adeff wrote:

>>>so when you play back a recording you get no stream via firewire? sounds
>>>like it enabled 5C for recorded shows.
>>>
>>>as for the inconsistency, does it quit randomly while transfering data or
>>>you loose connection randomly between trasnfers?
>>
>>What I've noticed is that it either works or it doesn't.  There's not
>>stopping in mid-capture unless I try to play back the PPV in question.
>>I've started verifying the oPCR setting and I'll be keeping track of
>>them to see when it captures and doesn't capture.
>>
>>I tried to capture again with the test-mpeg2 from libiec61883 0.1.0
>>tarball and I ran into the same "File size limit exceeded" issue.  I'm
>>now thinking it's not a filesystem issue but a header file definition
>>setting the file size limit to 32 bits.  I did some digging around and I
>>may need to enable largefile via a CFLAG option.
>>
>>Norm
>

> strange, someone else mentioned more than one version of test-mpeg2, this may
> be it too, using different versions...
>
> So it sounds like your having the same issue with capturing as other DCT
> users. As soon as I can get a dev to help me write a test patch for us we may
> be able to test a fix for this...

I don't know if this has any bearing but from memory, lspci reports that
my firewire card is an Agere FW623 (rev 61).  I may be slightly off on
the revision number though.  I'll have to check tonight.  It's a 3 port
firewire card.  On a reboot, my DCT-6412 always reports on node 1 but if
I unplug and replug it, it will show up on node 0 depending on which
port I am using on the PC (I'm trying to see if there is any impact on
operation with different ports).

Is there any additional info I can provide that may help with
development of a patch?