[mythtv-users] Anyway to tune a channel > 125 on pvr-150?

Rodney D. Myers rdmyers.42 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 16:21:33 UTC 2006

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 23:17:17 -0500
Phil Bridges <gravityhammer at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > In order to get MythTV to change the channels, you
> > > need the IRBlaster configured and in there.
> > > Otherwise, with MythTV configured to listen on the
> > > S-Video input, you'll always get the same channel,
> > > unless there is a serial port on your STB and a script
> > > for using it to change the channel.
> >
> > That's weird. I can change channels on my MythTV box using a wireless
> > keyboard and/or universal remote. Yes I know it won't change my DISH
> > receiver, but that is my next project. I get the Program Guide, etc,
> > and select the channel I want to have the MythTV box to show.
> >

> What channels are you changing?  What are you getting on your display?
>  It sounds to me like you're still using the internal tuner of the
> PVR-150, not the S-Video option.
>
> If the STB isn't changing, you should be getting any picture through.

When I select "Live TV", it drops me into the Program Guide, which
shows the channels I have selected in labs.zap2it.com, which is DISH
Network - Los Angeles.

When I set this box up, I selected "s-video" for my tuner (think that's
the correct term.)

I have a wireless keyboard & universal remote that can move the
"cursor" around to select what option I want. This also works with the
Program Guide to scroll up/down/left/right to select a channel. I show
channels 2 through 480. I can scroll all around through these channels,
yet anything above 122 ask me about wanting to record LiveTV. If I
manually enter say 140 (ESPN), it blinks, then the onscreen display
shows I am on the originating channel (where ever it was to begin with).

The Live TV picture never disappears, but the on screen info never goes
above channel 122, or below channel 2. I have access to everything in
betwee.

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers.42 at gmail.com>
Registered Linux User #96112