[mythtv-users] Problems with detecting duplicate recordings due to subtle detail changes

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Jan 11 15:29:33 UTC 2006

In message <8e275cb70601110628s34fd5517w at mail.gmail.com>
        Ant Daniel <antdaniel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Title: Lost
> Episode: 24/25 - Exodus 2/3
> are forced to live with each other on a remote island, a dangerous
> world with many new threats. The column of smoke continues to billow
> from deep in the jungle, and the survivors need to get to safety.
> Claire must deal with the fact that the Others are after her baby.
>
> Title: Lost
> Episode: Exodus Part 2
> are forced to live with each other on a remote island, a dangerous
> world with many new threats. The column of smoke continues to billow
> from deep in the jungle, and the survivors need to get to safety.
> Claire must deal with the fact that the Others are after her baby.
>
> In this case the obvious problem is the Episode. Throughout the series
> the main difference here has been the nn/nn part in the Title.

I've patched tv_grab_uk_rt to remove the episode number from the
subtitle and output them as proper episode numbers in the XML instead
which resolves these problems (though there are others with the
Radio Times data).

I did submit the patch to the xmltv guys a while back but haven't
heard anything about it.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)