[mythtv-users] TV Display shows menu but not video

Joseph Faisal Nusairat online at resonatinglight.com
Wed Jan 11 03:25:04 UTC 2006

Hey Jason,

I dont know if this is of any help to you. BUT i had the EXACT same problem.

And i dont know if you are testing it on the tv you are going to use or a
spare tv.

But i was doing these tests on my little walmart 13" in my den. And had the
same issue (using ATI as well) And finally after trying everything i could
think of just said F it and moved it to the living room and the 36" Sony in
there. And now it works fine.

Maybe its the TV itself cant handle hte singal you are sending? Dont know
how to fix it. But if its not the end result tv you are going to use, maybe
try that instead.

On 1/10/06, Jason Rottman <jrottman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you mean unplug the s-video connection that goes from the tv-out card
> to the tv while booting into Fedora Core?
>
> Jason
>

> On 1/10/06, Graeme Hilton <graeme.hilton at fishter.org.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Jason Rottman wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > After installing the ATI binary video drivers, I have successfully got
> > > my TV-out to work through S-video for myth-frontent.  I can see the
> > > menus, and it looks great, up to the point of actually watching video,
> >
> > > then the screen goes blank.  If I go into "Watch TV" or once I select
> > > recording to watch, the screen goes blue.
> > >
> > > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Is it a Dual Head setup?
> >
> > If so, you might be having the drivers drawing the TV picture on the
> > wrong output.
> >
> > On my system I have to unplug the TV-Out while X starts up.  Only once
> > it's fully booted can I plug in the TV-Out and be able to enjoy TV on
> > the TV, rather than TV on the monitor.  Also, if I do leave the TV-Out
> > connected, the monitor  just sits and blinks "Out of Range" at me and I
> > can't see anything.  I know things are working because the TV-Out shows
> > the correct display, but the only way to restore normality is to unplug
> > the TV-Out and restart X.
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > Graeme Hilton

"When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone
calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were
all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll
find that love actually is all around. "
- "Love Actually"