[mythtv-users] IR Problem with FC4

Ben Osborne ben at jimijohn.net
Wed Jan 11 00:01:16 UTC 2006

Hi.

I had the same issue after I rebuilt with FC4. It took me a few hours
to fix this & here is how.

I edited the /etc/init.d/lircd startup script with the bold lines

start(){
         if [ -f /etc/lircd.conf ]; then
                 echo -n $"Starting infrared remote control daemon: "
                 daemon lircd $LIRCD_OPTIONS
                 RETVAL=$?
                 echo
                 # make lirc nodes
                 mknod -m 0660 /dev/lirc0 c 212 `expr 64 \* $i + 0`
                 ln -s /dev/lirc0 /dev/lirc
                 chmod 777 /dev/lirc
                 chown root.video /dev/lirc*
         fi

That created the right /dev/lirc* entries for me

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Ben