[mythtv-users] OS X & MythFrontend 0.18.1 with plugins

Matt Hannan matthannan1 at cox.net
Wed Jan 11 00:02:22 UTC 2006

David Snider wrote:
> On Jan 9, 2006, at 9:24 PM, Matt Hannan wrote:
>

>> Well, sir, you may want to check that build of the frontend. I
>> downloaded it twice and they both seem borked up.
>> Are there any other locations to get frontend with the plugins? I'm
>> looking for 0.18.1 stable.
>>

> Hmm..  What happens?  I'm running it right now with no problems on
> Tiger.   You can check http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/MythOnMacOsx
> gkruse has a site as well as another gentlemen.    If it really is
> borked up, let me know what it is doing so that I can either remove
> it or fix it.

Well, the straight-up MythFrontend downloads and installs fine.
But the package from your site did not.
First of all it did not show the Myth icon, but rather a, I guess,
default icon.
I'm downloading it again so I can walk you thru what I am seeing.

HAZAH!
Someone else is having the same problem.

[quote="Matt Jordan" MythTV w/ Mac OSX Frontend}
I downloaded two different builds of the MythFrontend for OS X and
they both start and ask for the language.  After that, they ask for
the hostname (IP) of the backend, database name and such.  When I
click "Finish" the program just closes.  There is no indication that
it crashed, it just quits.[/quote]

I had that, too.

OK, back to the download.
It shows just a couple pieces of paper, a pen, a pencil and a ruler.
That is the mounted icon. It does not show the external CD drive thing.
Double-clicking it has it bouncing around in the dock a couple of times and then disappearing.
Firing up Terminal and cding to Desktop shows the file as MythFrontend.app.

Any help?

Matt