[mythtv-users] Anyway to tune a channel > 125 on pvr-150?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 23:43:52 UTC 2006

--- rodney myers <rdmyers.42 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/10/06, Mailing Lists
> <charriglists at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> > rodney myers wrote:

> know the answer, but I

> in my program lineup, on
> mainly for the program
> provided by the STB.  I'm
> this channel through a
> right?

> channel that my kid loves...

> it off.

> > >I have a PVR 150 as well, I can only tune to
> channel 122 (dish
> > >network), Would love to be able to tune higher.
> > >

> > Why are you using a tuner for dishnetwork?  Am I
> missing something.  I
> > thought the receiver would do the  tuning.
> >
> > Calvin...
>

> It does, but. Without MythTV going higher than
> channel 122, I cannot
> get a recording, with the pertinent info concerning
> the show.
>
> --
> Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers.42 at gmail.com>
> Registered Linux User #96112
> ICQ#:     AIM#:       YAHOO:
> 18002350  mailman452  mailman42_5
>
> They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a
> little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor
> safety.
>         Ben Franklin - 1759

I don't have a digital package (I'm still on analog
myself), but I would think that MythTV can go higher
than channel 122.  If you're using a satellite dish or
digital cable, then you should ideally be using the
S-Video input on your capture card, rather than the
coaxial.  If you are using the coaxial output on your
STB, then you should be keeping the channel in MythTV
set to a constant (3 or 4, depending on the STB).

Either way, you should be using an IRBlaster to tell
the STB to change it's channel.  Program guide
information should be coming from your MythTV
designated source, not the STB.

I suppose that it's possible that Dish STBs also
broadcast the channels on analog as well out of the
STB (much like some digital cable providers do), but
I've never heard of that (though it wouldn't surprise
me).

-- Joe