[mythtv-users] Will I regret this purchase?

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Tue Jan 10 23:29:20 UTC 2006

Richard Bronosky <mythtv at bronosky.com> says:
> My wife's biggest criteria for getting an HDTV for the sitting room was
> having a solid black bezel.  So today I ordered:
> http://www.digital1234.com/product.jsp?x=LC32D4U (Sharp Aquos LC32D4U)
>
> Does anyone have one of these?  What's been your mileage?  Any MythTV/X
> setting recommendations?

If you haven't already, run, don't walk, to www.avsforum.com. I hate
recomending non-Usenet/mailing list message forums in general, but
AVSForum is the world's best resource for something like this.

A second resource I'm fond of, not just for HDTVs but just about
anything from soup to nuts, is http://www.consumersearch.com/ and its
"reviews of reviews." For HDTVs, note that it has both overall top
picks and, down the page, additional ones per display format. To keep
this somewhat relevant, I'll note that its LCD recommendations was one
of the reason I went for my Westinghouse 37" 1080p panel.