[mythtv-users] MythTV w/ Mac OS X Frontend

Michael Fox fox.michael at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 20:02:12 UTC 2006

On 1/11/06, Matt Jordan <thehappyfunball at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I currently have a MythTV (on Ubuntu) box that is working well but I
> wanted to try to run the Myth frontend from an OS X box.
>
> I downloaded two different builds of the MythFrontend for OS X and
> they both start and ask for the language.  After that, they ask for
> the hostname (IP) of the backend, database name and such.  When I
> click "Finish" the program just closes.  There is no indication that
> it crashed, it just quits.
>
> Can anyone help me out with this?
>
> (The MythTV Linux box is up and running and I can access the MythWeb
> interface from the Mac and everything.)

Easy as,

IN a cli, get root access via sudo su -

Then vi /etc/mysql/my.cnf

Now look for the line starting with;

bind-address            = 127.0.0.1

Once found place a (hash) # so the line reads like this now;

#bind-address          = 127.0.0.1

Now save and quit.

Now reload mysql-server

/etc/init.d/mysql stop
/etc/init.d/mysql start

Hope this helps, and it should. As the default install of Ubuntu 5.10
has mysql bound to localhost only, so this change is required to have
mysql bind on all interfaces.

Thanks