[mythtv-users] Fwd: Sempron 3100 lag when viewing HD from 6200 STB

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 14:22:32 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 10 January 2006 03:05, Adam Propeck wrote:
> So is the consensus that the ATI graphics card is what it killing me? There
> is no way to get it working? (crosses fingers in hopes that an ATI buff
> will come save the day.)
>
> On 1/9/06, Matt Mossholder <matt at mossholder.com> wrote:
> > > I've got a Sempron 64 3100+, running Nvidia driver rev 7667, with 1080i
> > > output over DVI, and have only some very slight tearing, which is
> > > consistently about 20% down from the top. Load is reasonable.
> > >
> > >       --Matt
> >
> > Oh yeah, and that is with XvMC off, and a NV6200 card.
> >
> >                 --Matt

Ok, just checked the cpu usage on my other machine (Athlon64 3200+ 64bit
kernel, different software versions for things though) and its getting
~40-50% cpu use playing HDTV. I should be getting my new system drive today,
so I'm going to see if setting up the system fresh and try and match with my
other machine

Adam:
I think you and I may have a very similar issue, but since your processor is
just |---| that much slower than mine your hickuping. I can't see how your
video card will make a difference unless the drivers require that much more
CPU time?

Scott A.:
Out of curiosity, are you running a 32 or 64bit kernel? You've got a 5200
which is what I have, AGP only iirc, what AGP mode is your nvidia driver
running in? What driver version? what Xorg versions? Compiled with gcc-3.3 or
gcc-4.0? thanks,

--
Steve