[mythtv-users] Centralized NFS (NAS?) video partition

John Andersen jsamyth at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 07:17:26 UTC 2006

On 1/9/06, David Bennett <davidbennett1979 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Actually after sending out my question to the list, I stumbled upon
> the Infant ReadyNAS 600 page.
>
> Does anyone use this?
> Will it be able to handle 3 tuners + playback?

Aren't these things limited more by network band width
than hard drive speed?

With gigabit nics, and the stream bandwidth
you can just about calculate if it will work or not.

When recording from a remote backend
and storeing on the master, just reading the
bandwidth useage on your nic with something
as simple as gkrellm would give a good estimate.