[mythtv-users] OSX frontend mouse?

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Mon Jan 9 22:37:59 UTC 2006

Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> writes:

> On Jan 8, 2006, at 9:03 PM, David Abrahams wrote:
>
>> Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> writes:
>>
>> There's very little I've found in the MythTV UI that can really take
>> advantage of the keyboard anyway.  In fact, it seems like in many
>> screens where a keyboard _could_ be really great, the UI only lets you
>> use the arrow keys.  For example, when setting the duration or time of
>> a recording in the manual record screen I should be able to type in a
>> number.  Instead I can only scroll through a list of numbers that
>> often
>> doesn't include the exact value I want.
>
> A remote would help quite a bit actually. I've set up mine and I
> never have to touch the keyboard.

Try setting up a time in the "schedule manual recording" screen.  I
think you won't be happy.  Even in other screens, don't you expect the
big "select" button in the middle of all the arrows to be able to set
a checkbox?  Does it really make sense to you that pushing the
"rightarrow" button sets it and the "select" button dismisses that
screen?

> Full control from across the room is nice. :)

I have a wireless keyboard/mouse for that ;-)

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting