[mythtv-users] XM Radio Functionality in Myth

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 22:33:02 UTC 2006

Hello,

   I did a little searching, but never found any real discussion on
integrating XM (or other satellite radio) into MythTV.  Are any of the
developers interested in this?  I bring it up because over Christmas,
my family and I subscribed to XM radio.  While I can hook it directly
to my stereo, I'd love to be able to use it directly in MythTV.

I have to admit, I didn't come up with the idea.  I was walking
through Best Buy yesterday and I saw the Windows XP Media Center
display.  However, one of the employees was listening to and changing
XM channels on it.  So, I went home and found this:

http://www.xmradio.com/newsroom/screen/pr_2005_ces_microsoft.html

Basically it appears that there's a plugin in Windows MCE that acts as
a frontend wrapper around "XM Radio Online" which allows XM
subscribers to stream music over the net.  What's nice about it is the
way it presents the information to the user.

I think SageTV also has a sirrius and XM plugin as well.

Either way, I just wanted to see if anyone besides me would be
interested in such a plugin!

Thanks!
Matt