[mythtv-users] Watch Videos

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Mon Jan 9 22:24:01 UTC 2006

David Abrahams wrote:

>It appears that the Watch Videos feature only looks on the frontend's
>local filesystem for files, but a record of all the recorded videos is
>kept in the backend's database, causing it to complain about all the
>missing videos that were recorded on other machines every time I fire
>it up.  Is this feature only supposed to be used with a
>network-mounted disk, or... ?

The standard practice is to mount shared storage via NFS or SMB from the
backend (where all your storage is) to the same mount point on all the
frontend systems.  Since Myth Video doesn't "record", I'm not sure what
you're referring to about missing recordings.  You should *not* point
your Myth Video at your TV recording folder.  That is not what it is
designed for.

Kevin