[mythtv-users] Import existing video file?

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Mon Jan 9 22:12:21 UTC 2006

Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> writes:

> On Jan 8, 2006, at 6:35 PM, David Abrahams wrote:
>

>> I have an existing video recording in a format already supported by
>> MythTV playback.  How can I add it to my backend's list of recordings?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Dave
>
> Drop it in your mythvideo directory and go to Utilities/Setup>Video
> Manager (assuming you are auto-scanning your videos directory). It
> will scan the folder and add it to your videos list.

I don't think the video manager is what I want.  First of all, it's
apparently only designed for using an external player, not for playing
within the MythTV frontend.  Secondly, the video manager seems
completely messed up when you are running multiple frontends, since
they are recorded in the global backend database but only referenced
relative to the frontend's local filesystem.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting