[mythtv-users] DVB-T and DVB-S on same box

James Pattinson jamesp at hisser.org
Mon Jan 9 16:28:52 UTC 2006

Hi All

I have been running a mythTV system using a DVB-S card for a many months
with great success. I can get all the free to air BBC channels.

I've now added a Freecom DVB-S adaptor, which is also working well.
However I thought I would be able to "integrate" the two systems as
there is a lot of channel overlap, but not all channels on -T are
available on -S and vice versa.

How can I tell MythTV that, for example, BBC ONE is available on both
cards, so it will let me record two things at once? It's channel 1 on
the -T card and channel 6301 on the -S card.

Is this even supported? I was suprised to find that to even watch the
new channels on my frontend, I had to switch tuners. I would have
thought it could be more abstract than that. Why should the frontend
care what tuner it users?

I get the feeling I'm missing something basic :D

Thanks
James

believed to be clean.