[mythtv-users] IOBOUND - blocking in ThreadedFileWriter::Write() --- WTH?

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 06:35:53 UTC 2006

On 1/8/06, Kevin Kuphal <kuphal at dls.net> wrote:
> Blammo wrote:
>
> >On 1/8/06, Mudit Wahal <mwahal at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >>elevator=cfq didnt help in my setup. I never got around to moving my
> >>recordings to jfs file system. So, I'm just using 16MB buffer and
> >>seldom had iobound problem. I added another hard drive and formatted
> >>it as xfs file system. But the recording is still on ext3.
> >>

> >I'm already running JFS, and elevator=deadline, which seemed to have
> >the best overall performance for HD playback during recording.
> >
> >It's been a while since this the thread mentioning buffer sizes was
> >started. Is there any way to modify this outside of a recompile?
> >

> No.  Are you performing comflagging on this recording while recording?
> Have you tried disabling that to see if it changes anything?

in this case, today, there were two activities taking place:

1. recording HD from CBS
2. watching the same HD recording on a dedicated frontend

even when I stopped activity #2, I still was getting the error
messages, which then show up as "glitches" in the recording.

nothing else. No commflag, no transcode, no nfs activity, no smb
activity. simply mythbackend saving a HD recording.