[mythtv-users] Software RAID problems - the unspoken mythtv problem?

David Bennett davidbennett1979 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 02:54:02 UTC 2006

Chris,

 You raise some good points. I've always been a little concerned about
whether or not both my tuners are setup properly. I am using a PVR500
dual tuner, and i was never sure the difference between Source: 1/2
and Channel: 1/2.

Perhaps you are right about the following:

> This sounds more like a race condition in the Myth scheduler that's
> assigning both recordings to the same tuner when they start at the
> same time, but is bumping to the second tuner when there's a
> non-simultaneous overlap.

My only concern would be as to why it works when the /video partition
is on a non raid drive (i just unmount raid video and remount non-raid
video) I have no problems doing a silmultaneous recording. Only when
it is on a software RAID.

Any ideas about that? Could it be what you mentioned above? (I suspect it is!)

If anyone has any experience with the PVR-500 perhaps you could give
me some clues as to how I can confirm whether my Tuner/Source/Channel
(ID, or whatever, the name escapes me now) should be?

There seems to be 2 ID's for each source and I was never sure which
one to setup!

I hope this is making some sense.
Thanks,
dave