[mythtv-users] liveTV using 100% CPU

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Jan 8 22:03:12 UTC 2006

Probably a good idea, I think I'll see what the Gentoo folks say, but
my options are to either build it outside Gentoo's  "portage" system
or hack that system to build something other than what it thinks I
should. Both of these actions have got me into serious trouble in the
past.

Probably about the same amount of trouble either way.

The easy answers are to use the video out on my PVR-350, or revert to
more primitive video H/W, but both are lousy answers.

As I said, if they'd leave the bloody kernel APIs alone I could just
build the older nVidia driver. Whatever happened to the "odd-
numbered" kernels being for tinkering?